Training Specialist Generators - Remote
- Post Date:February 25, 2021
- Views 148
- Offerd Salary $50,000+Career Level ProfessionalExperience 5 Years
- Gender BothINDUSTRY ManufacturingQualification Associate Degree
- Security Clearance Req. No
Location: Kohler, WI or Remote
Are you a self-starter with strong communication skills and experience servicing power generators? Are you passionate about training others and helping them succeed? If so, consider joining Kohler Co. as a Service Training Specialist!
Kohler Co., one of the largest power generator manufacturers in the world, has delivered energy solutions worldwide since 1920. Kohler offers power generation equipment for residential, industrial, mobile and marine applications as well as automatic transfer switches, switchgear, monitoring controls and accessories. For more information about Kohler Co. and Kohler Power Systems, please visit www.kohlerpower.com.
Under the supervision of the Sr. Manager (AMPS) for Residential & Power Products the Service Training Specialist will be responsible for the creation and delivery of education modules to the internal customer, distribution channel(s), and/or customer network. The Service Training Specialist will develop and deliver education programs at Kohler approved training locations and through virtual platforms. This associate can be remote and travel as long as he or she is located close to a major airport.
- Create and conduct service and installation education programs.
- Develop and deliver education training programs for current and future products assigned and marketed by Kohler Residential and Power Systems (Generators, Controls, ATS, Switchgear, other).
- The Training Specialist will monitor changes in the current product line and update service education programs (product improvements and quality modifications). Product updates may include but not limited to: generator models, engines, transfer switches, switchgear, or software. Must be able to learn new product functionality and from there develop education deliverables and lab work to enhance product knowledge.
- Collaborate with the technical publications department to review technical manuals on existing and new product. Publications to be reviewed include those specified in this description and may extend to: Operators Manual, Service Manuals, Wiring/Schematic Manual, Installation Manuals, TT sheets, and Service Bulletins. Use technical knowledge to advise the technical publications staff of changes and/or corrections should be made to documentation.
- In collaboration with Technical Services, the Instructor may file field complaints on product issues being reported by distribution channel(s) and end customers. In collaboration with Technical Service, the Instructor may assist the engineering department in answering field complaints and solving reported problems; allowing our engineering team to then implement the solution based on findings.
- Travel requirements are approximately four (4) domestic trips a year. Travel typically ranges from 3-5 days and can, at times, include weekend travel. The trainer is responsible for all arrangements with the channel for class organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred.
- 2+ years field experience servicing generator systems or equivalent required. 5+years technical experience servicing electrical industrial products highly preferred.
- Proven experience or a strong aptitude for teaching, with strong communication and organizational skills required.
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems and controls required.
- Power Systems technical experience required.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of time.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.’s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.