- Post Date:November 17, 2016
- Views 2433
- INDUSTRY DefenseQualification Associate Degree
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) is a supplier of advanced electromagnetic systems, related power equipment and other high technology products for a variety of government and commercial applications. These include products such as the design and fabrication of linear motors, superconducting and conventional rotating motors, power inverters, high-energy capacitors, radiation monitoring systems, high-voltage direct current power distribution systems, and numerous other products.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Production Planner to join our Production Control group located in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
Under general direction, this position is responsible for support for a major project through the planning, preparing, issuing and controlling of production schedules and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements. Oversees budget, performance monitoring, analysis reports and may provide direction to support staff. Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed.
- Utilizes SAP for daily planning activities within a manufacturing environment.
- Keeps management appraised of potential schedule or fiscal problems by tracking, reviewing and evaluating plans, schedules and/or budgets for inaccuracies, inconsistencies or interface/support problems. Analyzes task/project cost and/or schedule variances and informs management. Provides manpower resource planning and allocation.
- Utilizes expertise in NPI (New Product Introduction) Planning.
- Generates manufacturing work orders using Material Requirement Planning (MRP) planned order requirements as well as generating purchase requisitions for outside process and outside manufacturing services.
- Processes work orders and material transactions for non-conformance material dispositions. Interprets engineering change orders (ECO), implements dispositions affecting stock, work in progress, and NEXT assembly.
- Schedules equipment and personnel, confirms material supply and demands, prepares purchase orders. Provides budgeting input and program funding tracking and pursuit.
- Alerts and/or recommends solutions to operating or project management to deviation from established norms. Prepares milestone coordination and reports.
- Interfaces with operating and support groups (Purchasing, Finance, QA) to collect data for preparation of schedules and reports as well as providing status reports to internal and external contacts. Works in close coordination with outside fabricators and processors.
- May lead and facilitate meetings for cross-functional teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Planning, Engineering, Production Control or a related discipline and six or more years progressive experience in planning, scheduling, budgeting and performance measurement. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have demonstrated expertise utilizing SAP for production planning purposes.
- Must have a complete understanding of manufacturing planning principles, theories and concepts as well as ability to understand accounting and manufacturing systems in a research or production environment and to apply advanced planning tools and techniques; and ability to read, interpret and explain engineering drawings.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to develop and communicate new concepts and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; (2) ability to organize, schedule and coordinate work phases; (3) ability to determine the appropriate approach at the project level and provide innovative solutions to a range of moderately complex technical problems; (4) organization skills to maintain flow of work within the unit; (5) strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to interface with internal employees and external representatives and to accurately document, report and present; (6) ability to maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information; and (7) knowledge of computer operations and applications and word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Related Jobs (5)
Senior Field Service Specialist – Paralleling Switchgear on February 25, 2021 Full Time