Field Service Apprentice - Power Generators
- Post Date:February 25, 2021
- Views 140
- Offerd Salary $30,000 - $50,000Career Level StudentExperience Less than 1 Year
- Gender BothINDUSTRY ManufacturingQualification Associate Degree
- Security Clearance Req. No
Field Service Apprentice, Power Generation – Clarke Energy
Location: Home base anywhere within North/Central IL, Northwest IN, or Central MI region.
Are you looking to build a successful technical career with a growing organization? Clarke Energy, a KOHLER company, is looking to hire apprentices for their fast-growing business. The apprentice role offers hands-on learning, mentoring and training needed to prepare for a rewarding field service technician career at Clarke Energy and Kohler Co.!
Clarke Energy, a KOHLER company, is a multinational specialist in the engineering, installation and maintenance of reciprocating gas engine-based power plants. Our offering ranges from the supply of a gas engine powered generator, through to the turn-key installation of a multi-engine power plant. Our facilities deliver fuel efficiency and help reduce carbon emissions. Applications include combined heat and power (CHP) with natural gas, biogas, landfill gas, coal gas, and greenhouse applications. Clarke Energy is the largest authorized distributor and service provider for INNIO’s reciprocating gas engine powered generators.
- Undertake engine breakdowns and servicing, taking responsibility for the full operation from start to finish in accordance with set procedures and safety policies.
- Carry out engine oil sampling and changes as necessary.
- Receive deliveries of parts and oil at customer locations, following agreed processes.
- Compile electronic service reports, time sheets, and expense reports.
- Collect and compile electronic engine data reports.
- Assist Service Engineers with troubleshooting and repairs as requested by Area Manager.
- Manage ‘Vehicle stock’, advising when parts need to be ordered.
- Assist in the maintenance of a tidy site, undertaking cleaning duties as required.
- Follow and adhere to Health, Safety and Environmental regulations at all times.
Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills:
- Associate’s degree in a technical discipline preferred
- Working knowledge of electro-mechanical systems required
- Understanding of basic electrical fundamentals, DC and AC electricity required
- Ability and wiliness to work overtime as needed required
- Basic IT skills preferred
- Gas engine mechanical and electrical experience preferred
- Gas/Diesel engine powered generator training or equivalent technical education preferred
Travel Requirement: Ability to travel 70-80% of time with the majority of travel being overnight within the Midwest region, including but not limited to (IL, IN, MI, WI). Technicians typically travel Monday through Thursday/ Friday and return home for the weekend. Travel at short notice may be required.
- Adaptable and flexible – does what needs to be done
- Good interpersonal skills –polite and co-operative at all times
- Works well in a team
- Able to work independently and self-motivated
- Able to multitask and problem solve
- Be able to take instruction from service engineers
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Ability to complete tasks to completion
This job description is a non-exhaustive summary of the main responsibilities within your role. In addition, you may be expected to undertake additional duties in order to properly execute your role, or to support other functions when requested to do so.
Your job description is subject to variation from time to time, in order to meet the changing requirements.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.