Engineering Technician IV
- Post Date:February 25, 2021
- Views 414
- Offerd Salary $50,000+Career Level ProfessionalExperience 5 Years
- Gender BothINDUSTRY ManufacturingQualification Diploma
- Security Clearance Req. No
Location: Kohler, WI
Are you a highly organized professional with strong electrical skills? Do you have a superb ability to stay on task, collaborate with others and deliver results? If so, Kohler Power has an excellent opportunity for you!
Kohler Co., one of the largest power generator manufacturers in the world, has delivered energy solutions worldwide since 1920. Kohler offers power generation equipment for residential, industrial, mobile and marine applications as well as automatic transfer switches, switchgear, monitoring controls and accessories. For more information about Kohler Co. and Kohler Power Systems, please visit www.kohlerpower.com.
Engineering Tech IV is responsible for the planning, implementation, and performance of electrical, mechanical, audio, and environmental tests for new product development. Perform specialized and complex tests on generator sets, engines and components to determine performance capabilities. Observe and record results of tests, recommend design changes, improvements, and cost reductions. Provide technical direction to other technicians as required.
This engineering technician will provide support on 1st shift: 7:30AM – 4PM plus overtime if needed.
- Set up and perform various tests based on Engineering direction and or written test standards.
- Analyze, interpret, document, and communicate test results.
- Fabricate and assemble as needed to support product test and validation.
- Develop new test set-ups, test methods and processes to improve efficiency.
- Perform preventive maintenance and 5S of test cells, workstation, test equipment.
- Collaborate with Engineers and Lab Supervisor to develop tests requirements, test plans and test schedules.
- Inspect, test, and diagnose issues with generators, electrical systems, and components.
- Set up and operate data acquisition systems.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Associate Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical) or related field preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in a Test Technician role in the automotive, outdoor power equipment or power generation industry preferred.
- Hands on electrical experience in setting up, operating, and servicing high-end test and measuring equipment, (scopes, electronics, mechanical systems, DAQ).
- Proficiency to understand and interpret technical information.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information.
- Experience with hardware and software programming.
- Proven ability to lead projects, maintain timelines/schedules and meet deadlines.
- Troubleshooting skills related to experience in generators, electrical, power converters, inverters, and/or similar equipment.
- Willingness to learn new technological skills so that they may be appropriately applied in product test or to development processes.
- Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas and answers to work-related problems.
Knowledge, Experience and Ability
- Higher level of computer proficiency using Excel and PC based test equipment.
- Technical competency to participate in the continuous improvement process as it relates to your role.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, engineering depts., manufacturing.
- Attention to detail relating to performance, work, and contribution.
- Ability to provide a strong individual contribution in the context of achieving team goals and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to provide technical leadership, a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.’s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Related Jobs (2)
Senior Field Service Specialist – Paralleling Switchgear on February 25, 2021 Full Time