Engineering Technician III – Electronics
- Post Date:January 7, 2021
- Apply Before: February 28, 2021
- Views 17
- Offerd Salary $50,000+Career Level ProfessionalExperience 2 Years
- Gender BothINDUSTRY Manufacturing
Location: Kohler, WI
Are you a highly organized technical professional with strong electrical and electronic troubleshooting skills? Are you looking to hone your troubleshooting skills and build a career in a complex manufacturing environment that encourages professional development and innovation? If so, Kohler Power has an excellent opportunity for you!
Kohler Co., one of the largest power generator manufacturers in the world, has delivered energy solutions worldwide since 1920. Kohler offers power generation equipment for residential, industrial, mobile and marine applications as well as automatic transfer switches, switchgear, monitoring controls and accessories. For more information about Kohler Co. and Kohler Power Systems, please visit www.kohlerpower.com.
The position performs a variety of tests on customer returned generator controllers and electrical components to determine root cause of failure. The technician prepares sample controllers and electronic components for testing by assembling, modifying, or disassembling prototypes or existing controllers. The engineering technician observes, records results of tests and recommends design/process changes as needed.
- Multi-task and handle daily workload with minimal direction.
- Anticipate needs and takes appropriate action to meet request timelines.
- Listen actively.
- Recognize inconsistencies in data and apply practical problem-solving techniques in order to correct them.
- Use speaking and writing skills to effectively convey information, express opinions, and motivate others to act.
- Provide clear concise test and/or activity summaries with data in detailed format.
- Make product improvement recommendations based on test result observations, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, comparison to other controllers, and competitive product knowledge.
- Maintain work area and equipment. Perform routine maintenance and repair on work area equipment.
- Maintain adequate inventory of supplies to perform tests as they are scheduled. Notify supervisor of items that must be ordered.
- Provide feedback on workload with supervisor to set work priority.
- Successfully establish and maintain partnership with teammates, customers, and suppliers.
- Communicate effectively in front of higher-level management.
- Mentored by senior technicians.
- Perform other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Two-year technology related associate degree and/or seven years engineering tech related work experience preferred
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints required
- Candidate must possess excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read, understand and troubleshoot circuitry and schematics required
- Previous experience using multi-meters and basic gages such as calipers, micrometers, etc required
- Electronic troubleshooting skills required
- Useable knowledge of AC/DC circuits required
- Six Sigma Greenbelt preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office Word and Excel required
- Power generation experience preferred
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. minimum
- Prolonged standing is required
- Must be able to bend, kneel and squat continuously for long periods of time
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.’s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.