Engineering Technician III 2nd Shift
- Post Date:January 7, 2021
- Apply Before: March 31, 2021
- Views 20
- Offerd Salary $50,000+Career Level ProfessionalExperience 2 Years
- Gender BothINDUSTRY Manufacturing
Location: Kohler, WI
Are you a highly organized professional with strong mechanical and electrical skills? Do you have a superb ability to stay on task, collaborate with others and deliver results? If so, Kohler Power has an excellent opportunity for you!
Kohler Co., one of the largest power generator manufacturers in the world, has delivered energy solutions worldwide since 1920. Kohler offers power generation equipment for residential, industrial, mobile and marine applications as well as automatic transfer switches, switchgear, monitoring controls and accessories. For more information about Kohler Co. and Kohler Power Systems, please visit www.kohlerpower.com.
Under the general supervision of the Principal Engineer – KPS perform a variety of specialized and complex tests of generators and provide functional support to the production test cells. Observe and record results of special test requirements, construct test fixtures and devices, and support procedure management and updates.
This role will provide support on 2nd Shift: The 2nd Shift runs from 2:30PM to 10:30PM plus overtime if needed. Typical schedule is 2PM-11PM to ensure smooth transition between the shifts.
- Assist with data acquisition and recording of specific test data for specialized tests of production gensets
- Formulate certified test reports following customer witness and third-party special tests
- Provide 2nd level troubleshooting support to the production test cell operators
- Create and maintain test and LOTO procedures
- Manage PPE and safety equipment for the test cells
- Construct test fixtures used during the production test process
- Work closely with process engineering team to drive organization and tool presentation in the test cell.
- Assist in ergonomic, safety, and cost improvement projects related to the production test cells.
- Set up instrumentation and data acquisition systems to record; temperature, voltage, current or other characteristics on – standby generator systems, circuit board assemblies, genset controllers or individual components. Perform a variety of standard and non-standard tests as required by the test procedure.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum two-year Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, Electronics or equivalent preferred or related experience.
- Experience using oscilloscopes, multi-meters, function generators and other similar electronic equipment required.
- Knowledge and understanding of electronic testing and analysis to the component level required.
- Understanding of electrical components and basic AC/DC circuits in regards to function and electrical characteristics required.
- Ability to read and understand data sheets and schematics required.
- Computer literacy: MS Office experience required.
- Previous experience or on the job training testing generator sets and electronic testing is preferred.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.’s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.