Aftermarket Service Manager - Kohler Generators
- Post Date:February 25, 2021
- Views 188
- Offerd Salary $50,000+Career Level ProfessionalExperience 5 Years
- Gender BothINDUSTRY ManufacturingQualification Diploma
- Security Clearance Req. No
Location: We have 15 newly added remote regional positions available across the US.
Do you have strong technical knowledge of generators, automatic transfer switches, light towers or other electric power distribution equipment? Do you enjoy building relationships, training and helping others succeed? Kohler company’s Residential and Power Products business is looking for talented individuals to join our team.
Kohler Co., one of the largest power generator manufacturers in the world, has delivered energy solutions worldwide since 1920. Kohler offers power generation equipment for residential, industrial, mobile and marine applications as well as automatic transfer switches, switchgear, monitoring controls and accessories. For more information about Kohler Co. and Kohler Power Systems, please visit www.kohlerpower.com.
The Supervisor Aftermarket Service (Internal title) provides after-sale service support to Kohler Residential & Power Product customers primarily in, but not limited to, the residential markets. This support includes technical troubleshooting, technical information assistance, application data, warranty processing assistance, aftermarket development and distributor/dealer training. This remote home-office based position will ideally be in or near the specific geographical sales area(s) and dealer/distributor network the position is assigned responsibility for.
This position has no direct reports.
Service and Installation Support
- Coordinate, coach and develop distribution/dealer channels on the latest technology, service and installation procedures.
- Operational execution of programs and metrics which will measure dealer service and parts performance.
- In cooperation with sales area management, approve new dealer technical prequalification submissions and in turn implement the proposed aftermarket development strategy for said distribution channel(s).
- Execute strategy on enhancing the distribution channel aftermarket growth to achieve certification.
- Conduct frequent distribution channel visits to in turn understand and aid in development of industry leading aftermarket programs, training and support (flying doctors where necessary).
- Support Residential and Power Products training team and training initiatives as approved in strategy.
- Provide informative and technical advice to distributor channel technicians by telephone, e-mail, and field visits regarding proper generator maintenance, repair, operation and training. This service is necessary to provide a gracious after-sale experience, high levels of customer satisfaction, and repeated sales.
- During new product market launch or per product event escalation process, work directly with Sales and Technical Services to aid in resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain ability to provide onsite rapid response support to the distributor/dealer network where high profile or visible quality/durability issues exist.
- Conduct pilot and production genset field follow analysis and support for all NPD programs and product improvement programs.
- Provide backup support for Technical Services call center operations on an as needed basis.
- Generate field reports weekly for management.
- Under direction of management, prepare custom monthly reports to also be presented to the following teams:
- Product Management
Aftermarket Part and Program Sales
- Through execution of an aftermarket strategy, ensure goals and service-oriented parts and service sales targets are met year over year.
- Work cross-functional with fellow team members to communicate market data. Data relevant in the creation of service part, service contract, extended warranty and accessory sales programs to meet customer expectations.
- Manage aftermarket services strategy for distribution channels in assigned area of responsibility.
- Gain penetration with aftermarket programs that target new and existing distribution channels. Support and push parts sales for whole goods sold through all channels.
- Collect and consolidate competitive aftermarket data to ensure Kohler programs are industry leading.
- Support distributor/dealer service certification analysis and service audits under the direction of the Field Manager – Service.
- Where assigned, provide technical support for serviceability audits on all NPD programs driving reduced owning and operating costs while increasing the capability and efficiency of completing required maintenance and repairs.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to Sales Administration about interpretation of certain orders and development of the proper lists of parts for specific repairs.
Travel and Planning
- Develop efficient and effective travel plans to meet goals and objectives while ensuring compliance with Kohler policies and procedures.
- Ensure travel is properly planned and costs are controlled.
- Participate in projects and initiatives as delegated by Manager – Field Service, Residential and Power Product AMPS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or 3+ years equivalent direct generator/automatic transfer switch service experience required.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the operation, maintenance or repair of ATS, generators, or other electric power distribution equipment.
- A thorough understanding of generators, engines, automatic transfer switches and related controls is preferred. Ability to quickly grasp and understand these concepts would be acceptable for the right candidate.
- Basic understanding of electrical power generation is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve mechanical and electrical problems.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Computer proficiency and operating knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
Ability to travel for business 50% of the time. Territory may cover approximately 1-3 states and most travel is during business hours. Travel to include but not limited to distributors, dealers, company locations, training events and local trade shows.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.’s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.