About San Diego Regional Center (SDRC)
The San Diego Regional Center (SDRC) is a service of San Diego-Imperial Counties Developmental Services Inc. SDRC is a focal point in the community for information and services for persons with developmental disabilities (with intellectual disabilities, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism, or other disabling conditions similar to intellectual disabilities) living in San Diego and Imperial Counties, California.
We are a private, non-profit 501 c(3) organization that contracts with the state of California to provide the services outlined in the Lanterman Developmental Disabilities Services Act. We are one of 21 regional centers throughout the state of California.
Persons with developmental disabilities will live productive and satisfying lives as valued members of their communities.
- The uniqueness of human life is valued.
- Client and family choice is respected.
- Services reflect, and are sensitive to, the cultural and ethnic diversity of the community.
- We value outreach and collaboration with the community to identify the individual’s needs and develop new ideas and services.
- High quality services engender a sense of confidence and support within the community.
- Individuals, communities and government entities are well informed about (issues and services affecting) persons with developmental disabilities.
To serve and empower persons with developmental disabilities and their families to achieve their goals with community partners.
- Enhance a network of supports to assure consumers have quality health care.
- Create more services for persons with autism
- Increase the number of consumers in competitive and supportive employment.